Participating Insurance Plans
At South Nassau, we participate in Medicare, Medicaid and most HMOs and commercial insurance plans.
If you are not sure if we participate with your insurer, please call your insurer for confirmation — and for any special considerations. For example, most patients are required to obtain their laboratory and radiology services at a dedicated facility. Please note that hospital-employed physicians may accept many, but not all, of the plans that the hospital accepts. You must check with your physician before treatment to determine the insurance plans s/he accepts.
Note that a physician’s or hospital’s participation with an insurance plan does not automatically mean that your plan will cover every expense; always check with your insurance company before undergoing any diagnostic procedure (such as a lab test or radiology) to ensure that the physician, lab or facility participates in your plan; that the test is a covered expense; and what portion of the diagnostic expense you will be responsible for. Diagnostic facilities can often have separate co-payment requirements, and some insurance companies may require you to have outpatient laboratory services performed at their designated facilities. Your insurer may require you to pay for any services provided that are not covered by your contract. Please click here to read important information about paying for your care at South Nassau Communities Hospital. If you will be having laboratory tests performed at South Nassau, you can check the listing of our lab’s participating insurance companies here.
If you do not have insurance, or are unable to pay for the hospital services provided, our Financial Assistance Program may be able to help.
South Nassau Communities Hospital's participating plans:
- AgeWell — Medicare
- Aetna/US Health Care — all HMO, PPO, Self-Insured Plans, Aetna Signature Administrators, Indemnity, Medicare HMO and PPO
- Affinity — all lines of business, including the Health Exchange Plan
- AlphaCare — Nassau County only
- Beacon Behavioral Health
- Beech Street — PPO
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Empire)
- Empire MediBlue Medicare Advantage Plans
- Commerical HMO, PPO, & Indemnity Plans (NON PAR with Blue Cross Exchange Plans)
- “The Empire Plan” New York State Employees and Participating Agencies (NOTE: United Health Care Insurance Company of New York provides Medical coverage)
- The City of New York Plan (NOTE: GHI provides Medical coverage)
- BlueCross/BlueShield Federal Employee Program
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield HealthPlus
- CenterLight (formerly CCM)
- ChoiceCare (Humana)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna Health Care (Connecticut General) — all HMO, PPO, Commerical, Indemnity and Self-Insured Plans
- CorVel — WC only
- Coventry/First Health/CCN Network — PPO
- Fidelis Health — Medicaid, Child Health Plus HMO Plans and the Health Exchange Plan
- Galaxy/MCI — PPO
- GHI (Group Health Incorporated) — all Commercial, HMO, HMO Select, PPO, Flex, GHI-BMP, Medicare HMO and Self-Insured Plans (NON PAR with GHI Exchange Plans)
- Healthfirst — limited to the below plans:
- Healthfirst Medicaid Managed Care
- Healthfirst Essential Plan
- Healthfirst Child Health Plus
- Healthfirst Personal Wellness Plan
- HIP (Health Insurance Plan of New York) — Medicare, Medicare HMO Plans and Medicaid HMO
- All Commercial HMO, PPO and Self-Insured Plans (NON PAR with HIP Exchange Plans)
- Hospice Care Network
- Hospice of New York (Inpatient Hospice Care Only) — specific to Hospice Care Network patients
- Island Group Administration — PPO out of Southampton
- MagnaCare Preferred, Inc. — all PPO, Direct Plus-MagnaCare, HMO and Self-Insured Plans
- Magellan Behavioral Health (formerly Merit Behavioral Care) — Mental Health only
- All HMO, PPO and Self-Insured Plans
- MetraComp — Workers Compensation only
- Metropolitan Jewish Hospice
- Multiplan — All HMO, PPO and Self-Insured Plans
- NYSHIP (the Empire Plan)
- Oscar Insurance Corporation — Health Exchange Plan
- Oxford Health Plans — All Commercial, HMO (Freedom), PPO (Liberty) and Self-Insured Plans, Medicare Advantage and the Health Exchange Plan
- Partners Health Plan — Medicare Managed Care and Medicaid Managed Care
- Private Healthcare Systems, Inc. (PHCS) — All PPO and Self-Insured Plans
- Qualified Health Plan — Medicare
- Senior Whole Health — Medicare/Medicaid dual eligible
- Three Rivers Health Plans — PPO
- United Behavioral Health — All hospital-based services (inpatient and partial hospitalization)
- United Health Care of New York, Inc. — UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, Medicaid HMO, Child Health Plus Plans and the Health Exchange Plan
- All Commercial, HMO, PPO, Self-Insured Plans and Medicare HMO
- USFHP (US Family Health Plan) — Military
- Value Behavioral Health (ValueOptions) — Mental Health
- All HMO, PPO and Self-Insured Plans
- VNSNY Choice — Medicare, Medicaid lines of business
- Vytra Health Plans - All Commercial, HMO, PPO and Self-Insured Plans
- WellCare — Medicare Managed Care
- Zadroga Plan for 9/11 Victims (HealthSmart)
If you have Medicare, you must complete the Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire. For your convenience, we suggest that you print out the questionnaire, complete it and bring it with you to the hospital.
You may qualify for Medicare benefits if you:
Are 65 or older
Are permanently disabled
Have end-stage renal disease
Your Medicare card will indicate if you have Part A benefits, Part B benefits or both, and their effective dates.
Medicare Part A provides benefits for:
Skilled nursing services
Certain home health care services
Medicare Part B provides benefits for:
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Emergency room services
- Clinic services
- Referred ambulatory services
- Physician services
Medicare Part B beneficiaries who receive hospital outpatient care will be responsible for a predetermined copayment for each covered procedure or test.
If you have a specific question about your Medicare benefits, call Empire Medicare, toll-free: (800) 442-8430 or go to empireblue.com.
Medicaid is a state-run health care program for patients not covered by other health care insurance. Eligibility is determined by criteria such as earnings and family size.
Medicaid covers almost all aspects of health care, although some services are subject to patient copay amounts ranging from $0.50 to $25.
If you believe you may be eligible for Medicaid, apply at your local office of the Department of Social Service (links to another website).
If you are seeking assistance for inpatient services, South Nassau’s Financial Assistance professionals may be able to help you complete your application.
If you do not have insurance, please call our Financial Assistance professionals at (516) 632-3979 to see if you qualify for Medicaid, Child Health Plus or the hospital Financial Assistance Program.
We accept many different types of payments and insurance. But not every plan covers every service we provide....
Participating Insurance Plans
At South Nassau, we participate in Medicare, Medicaid and most HMOs and commercial insurance plans,...
Non-Participating Insurance Plans
Though the hospital accepts many insurance plans, some of those...
Outpatient Laboratory Participating Plans
Does my insurance plan cover outpatient lab expenses at...
Financial Assistance Program
At South Nassau Communities Hospital, we provide care without regard to source of payment. If you do not have...