South Nassau’s Center for Advanced Orthopedics
At South Nassau Communities Hospital, the orthopedic specialists at our Center for Advanced Orthopedics bring the latest advances in care of the bones, muscles and joints. And our team is experienced in groundbreaking techniques and highly specialized treatments. Our physicians have a broad range of specialties and subspecialties in sports therapy, orthopedic surgery, computer-assisted surgery, diagnosis and repair of joints, total hip and knee surgery, and alternatives to joint replacement.
And the Center for Advanced Orthopedics was one of the first of its kind in the Northeast to commit to surgeries using “minimally invasive” techniques, which offer you great benefits over traditional surgery. And we work closely with experts in pain management and rehabilitation, so you can get back to the activities you want and need to do.
The expertise of the staff at the Center for Advanced Orthopedics includes:
- Groundbreaking techniques for:
- Repairing knee cartilage using the patient’s own cells (Carticel® therapy)
- Transplants of the meniscus, part of a joint that cushions the ends of the bones
- New cartilage studies for defects of the bone and cartilage (osteochondial defects)
- The latest advances in hip replacement surgery
- Hip arthroscopy, a highly advanced technique to closely examine the joint
- Specialized expertise in adult reconstruction, and foot and ankle injuries
- Expertise in pediatric orthopedics
- Advanced treatment of the hand and upper extremities
- For the knees: torn cartilage and anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments
- The Shoulder Center, for instability, impingement, rotator cuff or labrum tears, recurrent dislocations, for example
- “Minimally invasive” surgery, using advanced techniques for quicker recovery
And we work closely with South Nassau’s specialists in pain management, physical rehabilitation and sports medicine throughout your treatment and recovery.
South Nassau’s Long Island Joint Replacement Institute
South Nassau’s Shoulder Center
Advantages of our surgical techniques
South Nassau’s On The Move orthopedic magazine (a PDF download)
Joint Replacement & Care
For your hip, knee, shoulder, hands and arms, the experienced team of the...
Our Surgical Techniques
The experts at South Nassau's Center for Advanced Orthopedics,...