Eye Care — Ophthalmology
Ophthalmology — Eye Disease and Treatment
The specialists of South Nassau's Department of Ophthalmology diagnose and treat patients who have a range of diseases and disorders of the eye. Our staff includes highly skilled, board-certified eye surgeons and specialists in a variety of areas. And our entire staff is dedicated to excellent patient care using the most advanced and innovative surgical techniques. South Nassau’s Cataract Surgery Center of Excellence, for example, specializes in intraocular lens implants. These correct astigmatism and reading vision, so you enjoy better vision and have greater independence from eyeglasses and contact lenses.
And for surgery and other treatments, we offer private patient rooms with state-of-the-art surgical facilities.
Among our experienced team of physicians is one of the nation’s leaders in the use of lasers and microsurgery for the eye. And many have published scientific papers and peer-reviewed journals on eye care.
Our team has additional expertise in:
Cataracts, or clouding of the lens of the eye
- Cataract surgery, at our Center of Excellence, to restore clear vision
- Conditions of the cornea
- Diabetes-related eye conditions
- Disease of the retina and vitreous (the jellylike substance in the eyeball)
- Infectious diseases
- Macular degeneration
- No-stitch cataract surgery with monofocal, bifocal and toric lens implants to correct astigmatism and reading vision
- Removal of lid tumors
- Removal of pterygium, a fleshy mass that grows over part of the cornea
- Repair of ectropion, sagging or outward-turned eyelid
- Repair of entropion, where the eyelid turns outward
Cataract surgery at South Nassau Communities Hospital
For your convenience and care, we’ve created South Nassau’s Cataract Surgery Center...
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Nauheim is board-certified in Ophthalmology. He specializes in diseases of the cornea and infectious...