Welcome to South Nassau
Understanding Your Bill
Your bill from South Nassau Communities Hospital may be broken down into, and include charges from, the following areas:
Within each of these services, you may see charges for two separate components:
- Inpatient Services
- Emergency Room Services
- Ambulatory Surgery Services
- Clinic Services
- Referred Ambulatory Services (e.g., radiation oncology, physical therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, mammography)
- 1. The Professional Component. This is the doctor's bill. These services will be billed by the physician or by another entity with the physician's authorization.
- 2. The Technical Component. This is the hospital bill and includes the charges of those services -- excluding the physician's work - such as room and board, nursing services, services of technical personnel, pharmacy, supplies and equipment.
There are other professional bills that a patient may receive that are separate from the above, such as those for anesthesiology, or an ambulance trip.
It is not unusual for multiple bills to be generated from a single hospital visit - and not all professional bills are handled by the hospital.
While most bills will tell you where to call should you have a question, if you are not sure, you may call our departments for:
- Hospital Outpatient Billing - 516-255-1500
- Hospital Inpatient Billing - 516-255-1550
Physician Billing - if you receive a physician bill and have a question, please call the telephone number on your bill or see a quick reference below:
- North American Partners in Anesthesia, LLP - 516-626-6366
- Center for Women's Imaging - 516-255-8220
- Island Emergency Medical Services PC - 877-716-2447
- South Nassau Neonatology, PC - 516-255-1600