Across all settings of care at South Nassau Communities Hospital, nurses are an integral part of our health care team. To recognize nursing’s unconditional commitment and contributions to patient care, we have established an annual internal awards program that honors nurses at all levels, serving in a variety of professional nursing roles.
Internal awards include:
- Transformational Leadership Award
- Excellence in Nursing Education Award
- Excellence in Nursing Practice Award
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award
- Excellence in Community Service Award
- Excellence in Nursing Quality Award
- Novice Nurse Award
- LPN of Excellence
South Nassau Communities Hospital's Nurses are also recognized by our community at large, who appreciate and value the talents of nursing in our organization.
External recognition awards include:
- Nurse.com's Annual GEM Awards
The following Nurses were Internal Award Recipients for 2016:
Excellence in Nursing Practice Award
Recognizes a direct care RN who demonstrates outstanding clinical performance and who contributes innovative, progressive ideas that promote excellence in nursing practice.
Recipient: Meghan Evans RN ED
Transformational Leadership Award
Recognizes an RN in a formal leadership role who has made significant contributions to improving patient outcomes and who fosters a positive work environment that supports professional nursing practice
Recipient: Debbie Jonason ANM
Excellence in Nursing Education Award
Recognizes a nurse educator or preceptor who has made significant contributions to advancing professional nursing by promoting an environment that embraces continuous learning and supports professional development.
Recipient: Joanne Kuplicki MSN, RN, CCRN, Nursing Professional Development Specialist
Excellence in Nursing Research Award
Recognizes an RN who has made noteworthy accomplishments in nursing research which stimulates new knowledge and innovation in nursing practice.
Recipient: Irene Ficaro MSN, RN
Excellence in Nursing Quality Award
Recognizes an RN who has contributed to the advancement of nursing practice through a focus on patient safety and improved clinical outcomes..
Recipient: Abigail Corona RN
Excellence in Community Service Award
Recognizes an RN who has made significant contributions to professional nursing practice through community service and who serves as a role model to inspire other nurses.
Recipient: Karen Arcamona RN
Novice Nurse Award
Recognizes an RN in the first 2 years of practice who demonstrates outstanding clinical performance and contributes innovative ideas that promote excellence in practice
Recipient: Kharolann Pierre RN
LPN of Excellence
Recognizes an LPN who demonstrates outstanding clinical performance and contributes to patient safety and service excellence.
Recipient: Robyn Goldstein LPN
The following Nurses were External Award Recipients for 2016:
Nominees for Nurse.Com’s 2016 GEM Nursing Excellence Awards:
- Beryl Ehrlich RN, Home Care is a regional Finalist for the Home, Community and Ambulatory Care Category
- Elizabeth Clarke, MSN, RN Nurse Manager of D2W, our Stroke Unit is a regional Finalist for Staff & Patient Management Category
- Debbie Jonason, RN, ANM of Cardiac Services was nominated for the Clinical Nursing Excellence Category
- Meghan Costigan, MSN, RN, CDE, our Diabetic RN Coordinator was nominated for the Education & Mentorship category