Education & Counseling
at Long Beach
- Special Care Pediatric Unit
- Pediatric anesthesiologist on staff
- On-call service for questions and emergencies
- Pediatric Emergency Department
Services & Specialty Centers
When you entrust South Nassau's Pediatric Unit with your child, you can expect the highest quality of pediatric care, with a home-like tender touch and nurturing warmth.
Formerly one of the best kept secrets at South Nassau, the Pediatric Unit has been redesigned from the inside out, offering your child and family:
- Comprehensive general and specialized pediatric care for children and teenagers in need of surgical or preventive services or care for infectious diseases, serious illnesses or complex medical conditions.
- A Special Care Pediatric Unit, equipped with the latest pediatric medical technology and monitoring system, it can effectively manage and treat almost any emergency or serious illness. The Unit features a multi-purpose treatment room to perform minor procedures, whether surgical or non-surgical.
- A team of specially trained nursing staff and pediatricians, including nursing staff trained in Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), with specialists on-call around the clock. Featuring specialists in pediatric cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, genetics, hematology-oncology, neurology, pulmonary medicine as well as a pediatric surgeon, neonatologist and anesthesiologist, our staff is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- An environment that is warm and comforting. Our new Pediatric Unit features larger patients rooms with a cheery décor and sleeper chairs for parents, a conference room for family/physician meetings and several parent/child playrooms.
- A Pediatric Emergency Department, staffed with board-certified pediatricians during peak hours.