- Level II Trauma Center
- Provides Specialized Services for Cardiac, Respiratory and Pulmonary, Pediatric and Psychiatric Emergencies
- Stroke Center
Services & Specialty Centers
Emergency Services/Emergency Department
The busiest community hospital emergency room in Nassau County, our Emergency Department is recognized for its efficiency and responsiveness to the needs of the patient. And it's only getting better: We are this area's leading center of specialized emergency care, with a solid reputation for developing and implementing innovations in emergency health care services. We are:
- Staffed by a team of dedicated professionals including board-certified, residency-trained emergency medicine physicians - one of few hospitals in New York with such staffing - as well as nurses, nurse practitioners and physicians' assistants who have been specially-trained in emergency medical care.
- Known for providing advanced, specialized care for the treatment of pediatric, psychiatric and cardiac emergencies. In fact, we're the only South Shore hospital offering life-saving acute angioplasty to heart attack patients.
- A Level II Trauma Center, equipped with the advanced medical technology and skilled specialists required to perform emergency trauma procedures.
- Designated as a Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health because we offer the rapid assessment and advanced therapies and procedures that can make a difference for stroke patients.
- Recognized by our patients for providing quality care. Recent independent survey results show that patients of our ER rank the quality of our service superior to that of similar New York area hospitals.
- Innovative and progressive. To reduce waiting times, we have a special unit dedicated to treat emergencies from abrasions to fractures to high fevers, flu and other illnesses, while our new dedicated, CT scan technology and advanced teleradiology system saves valuable recovery time by giving physicians quick access to MRI and CT scan results.
- Caring and dedicated. At South Nassau, our goal is to make your experience in our ER as stress-free and comfortable as possible. In fact, we've even created a staff position to do just that. Our guest relations professional is there when you need him, to answer your questions, to convey information between patient and family and to help you access the full range of hospital resources available to you and your loved ones.