Maternity/Labor & Delivery
Maternity Services at South Nassau: Home to Truly Great Beginnings
When it’s time to start or grow your family, we welcome you to explore the Center for New Beginnings here at South Nassau Communities Hospital. Our experienced, compassionate team includes experts in the health of mothers and babies. We make the care and safety of your family our focus. So you can be assured in the knowledge that you and your baby have access to some of the most advanced and dedicated maternity care available.
From our experienced physicians and staff to our beautiful, state-of-the-art facilities — including a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) — we’ve taken great care to make sure you can enjoy every moment of this special time.
Local and National Awards
We’re proud of the care we provide every mother, child and family. And South Nassau’s dedicated staff has garnered attention from many organizations for quality, safety and compassion:
- We’ve been honored as one of only five hospitals in the country for our dedication to compassionately caring for mothers and newborns in crisis.
This honor comes from the New Jersey-based Ambulance Medical Technicians' Children of Hope Foundation.
- We’ve ranked among the “Top 100 Hospitals” in the nation by Becker’s Hospital Review because of our comprehensive range of maternity services.
- We’ve earned the State of New York’s accolades for our initiatives related to providing the best and safest care to our mothers and babies, but our physicians and staff are motivated mainly by the rewards we get every single day as we care for every mother, child and family we serve.
- We’ve been designated as a “Baby-Friendly” birth facility by the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative, a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
Our Specialists in Childbirth and Newborn Care
Just as our communities are growing, so is our team in Maternity Services at South Nassau Communities Hospital. We’re excited that dozens of specialists and subspecialists have recently joined our team. And we’re all focused on caring for you and your baby before delivery and after your baby is born.
Your team of experienced, dedicated specialists might include:
- An obstetrician/gynecologist for regular and emergency care
- Maternal-fetal (mother-child) specialists
- Pediatricians to examine and care for your baby at birth
- Neonatologists, or pediatricians who subspecialize in the care of newborns who have high-risk or complex health conditions
- Physicians who specialize in high-risk pregnancies
- The team of our Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
In addition to your physician(s), registered nurses and other dedicated professionals will care for you throughout your stay with us. And we’ll teach you and your family how to care for and enjoy your newborn.
Special Features of Maternity Services at South Nassau
The staff of South Nassau’s Maternity Services is proud to offer advanced care to mothers with their babies in the...
The staff of South Nassau Communities Hospital’s maternity services includes some of the area's leading...
If your baby is premature or you have a high risk pregnancy, you can rely on the experienced, dedicated staff of...
Education & Support
The staff of South Nassau’s Maternity Services knows that education is an important part of caring for your...
For our newborns’ mothers, families and friends, our Center for New Beginnings maternity unit is open to visitors...