The four-story, 58,000-square-foot Southwest Addition is part of a multiphased expansion and renovation project that will double the size of the Emergency Department, update and add operating rooms and critical care beds.
The Southwest Addition will be designed to complement the architectural style of the existing structures of the Oceanside campus.
Rendering of Southwest Addition.
- Nearly double the size of the existing Emergency Department to meet the community’s growing need for emergency services
- Separate entrances for walk-in patients and ambulances
- Improved patient and caregiver access
- Increased patient care and comfort
- New, state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Meet the need for additional ultramodern critical care beds
- Level II Trauma Center
- Larger and enhanced patient and family waiting room
Southwest Addition Project Details
- 58,000 square feet
- Four floors
Ground Level: Emergency Department
- 50+ treatment spaces that employ a universal room design for maximum flexibility
- Accommodations for pediatric and behavioral health emergencies
- Two industry-standard trauma bays
- Expanded ambulance capacity
First Floor: OR Expansion
- New operating rooms equipped with X-ray and CT imaging devices
Second Floor: Central Sterile Room
- Direct connection to operating rooms
Third Floor: Critical Care Beds
- Up to 24 ultramodern critical care beds
- Dedicated elevator connects to operating rooms
Emergency electrical infrastructure upgrades
- Elevated structure to protect against storm water
- Four diesel-driven generators to support existing and expanded campus
Central Utility Plant
The energy efficient plant is equipped with back-up heating and air-conditioning systems, is resistant to flooding and can withstand hurricane-force winds.
A traffic study will be completed and a structured parking solution is being investigated to mitigate parking in surrounding neighborhoods.
Construction, Building and Site
South Nassau Southwest Addition Info Sheet (PDF)
Long Beach Medical Arts Pavilion
The 56,000-square-foot Long Beach Medical Arts Pavilion will feature...
The four-story, 58,000-square-foot Southwest Addition is part of a multiphased expansion and renovation...
South Nassau Long Beach Medical Arts Pavilion and South Nassau Southwest Addition procurements...