Hospitalization for a serious illness or injury can have a profound effect on the patient and family, altering lifestyles in minor or very fundamental ways.
At South Nassau Communities Hospital, our Social Work Department is here to help: We provide discharge planning and professional counseling services for patients and families coping with the impact of illness and hospitalization. Our experienced and trained social workers:
- Help patients plan for post-hospital care
- Identify and refer patients and families to community-based resources to meet their needs
- Help ease the transition from hospital to home
Our social workers also provide advocacy and information to individuals on entitlement programs such as WIC, Medicaid and Public Assistance.
- For information on discharge planning, please contact South Nassau’s Social Work Department at (516) 632-3925
- For information about entitlement programs such as WIC, Medicaid and Public Assistance, please contact South Nassau Family Medicine at Oceanside at (516) 255-8456
- Outpatient counseling services are also available to assist families dealing with mental health issues, substance abuse and other difficulties. Contact our Mental Health Counseling Center in Baldwin at (516) 377-5400
Calendar of Events
Our year-round calendar of health events includes a variety of health topics...
South Nassau Communities Hospital offers supervised meetings where you can share similar experiences...
Community Health Education offerings, colorectal cancer and prevention, diabetes...
Do you know what to do if someone you love suffers a heart attack? The life-saving techniques of CPR are...
Diabetes Education Center
South Nassau Communities Hospital Diabetes Education Center is proud to present...
Diabetes Education Program
If you're living with diabetes, you're not alone ... more than 25 million people in the U.S. are dealing with it...
Prenatal Care Program
Your baby deserves a healthy start. That's why the staff at South Nassau’s Prenatal Care Program uses an entire...
The Parent-Child Education program at South Nassau is here to prepare you for the many stages of life...
SIBSPlace® is a unique and innovative program for the siblings and parents of children with cancer and...
At South Nassau Communities Hospital, our Social Work Department is here to help: We provide discharge...
If you or a loved one needs care for mental health, psychiatric or behavioral health issues, the expert staff at...
MedlinePlus: Health Information
MedlinePlus® directs you to information to help answer health questions...
Here at South Nassau Communities Hospital, we know that injuries affect everyone. It is likely that you or...
Truth In Medicine Poll
The South Nassau Truth in Medicine poll tests respondents’ knowledge on key public health topics...
The Heart Truth
Helping women, especially women ages 40 to 60, understand their risk of heart disease...