Patient Advocates are professionals who can assist you and your loved ones in many ways, from talking about anxieties related to your visit, to answering questions and resolving problems. We can also help you to connect with the people to give you specific information you need, so you can address concerns or learn more about the care of you or your loved one. And if you need help understanding any of our hospital policies or procedures or have a concern, contact us for that, too.
Patient Advocates at South Nassau Communities Hospital speak both English and Spanish, and they can connect you with professionals who speak many other languages.
- To speak with a Patient-Relations representative, call (516) 632-3414.
- For a bilingual Patient-Relations representative, call (516) 632-3484.
Working with the Nassau County Minority Health Task Force and the Nassau Partnership, South Nassau Communities Hospital provides many types of services for members of the diverse communities we serve. Our initiatives include:
- Live translation in over 200 languages by phone, using a three-way conference call
- Services for various religious faiths
- Cultural Initiative Committee
- Community Outreach
- Cultural Initiative Assistant
- Community CPR in Spanish
- African-American Student Internship Program
- Latino Physicians Network
- Indian Physician Network
- Spanish Educational Channel
Questions or Concerns About Quality
South Nassau offers many ways to ask questions or report concerns about quality of care. You can contact:
- One of our Patient Advocates
- Our Performance Improvement Department: (516) 632-3890
- The New York State Department of Health:
Centralized Hospital Intake Program
433 River Street 6th Floor
Troy, New York 12180
- The Joint Commission Office of Quality Monitoring:
One Renaissance Blvd.
Oakbrook Terrace, Il 60181
About Your Stay
Providing superior, quality patient care is at the center of all we do here at South Nassau Communities Hospital....
If you’re a patient at South Nassau Communities Hospital, one of our almost 20 “hospitalists” might lead...
Patient Advocates are professionals who can assist you and your loved ones in many ways, from talking about...
Many of our patients and their loved ones took time to share their appreciation for their caregivers here at...
When it comes to your health, communication is key. So if you do not speak the same language as your...