Same-Day Surgical Procedures
For treatments, exams and procedures that don’t require an overnight stay, we’ve created the Martin E. Greenspan, MD, FACS, Center for Ambulatory Surgery.
Our care includes:
- Blood transfusions
- Ear, nose and throat surgeries
- Exams, such as endoscopy
- Gynecologic procedures
- IV infusions
- Ophthalmic surgeries, including cataract removal
- Orthopedic care
- Pediatric surgeries
- Plastic surgery
- Podiatric (foot) surgeries
- Urology care
About Your Stay With Us
If your physician offers our convenient, state-of-the-art facility for your care, here’s what you can expect:
- South Nassau’s experienced surgeons, other specialists and nursing staff will discuss your procedure with you in one of our 8 private rooms.
- After going to one of our 3 dedicated operating rooms for care, you’ll return afterward to your private room.
- Our staff will help you remain comfortable here, and give you important instructions for your recovery before return home.
- The center is open 24 hours on weekdays. If you need to remain with us overnight to recovery more fully, you’ll be able to stay in the center during this time.
- The day after you leave, one of our registered nurses will call you to follow up on your care and comfort and to answer any questions. If you have questions before then, feel free to call us at any time.