Children have special needs when it comes to their care and comfort, and families are an important part of that care. So our staff has paid special attention to designing all pediatric services at South Nassau with both children and their families in mind.
South Nassau offers:
- Pediatric Unit: The only pediatric inpatient unit in the South Shore area, this warm environment features large patient rooms with a cheery décor, sleeper sofas for parents or guardians, a conference room for meetings with your child’s health care team, and a playroom for you and your child to enjoy
- Special-Care Pediatric Unit: specially equipped for almost any emergency or serious illness
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and newborn services
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Level II Trauma Center, with pediatric experts
- Greenspan Ambulatory Surgery Center, with pediatric experts
- Special programs and services
- Award-winning pediatric asthma program: We take a team approach to help you and your child manage asthma. Working with your child and your entire family are physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and pharmacists. This award-winning program is a partnership with the Asthma Coalition of Long Island, and a model for area hospitals by educating children about asthma, its signs, symptoms and triggers. And we’ve been recognized by Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) as a Quality and Patient Safety program
- Mental Health Counseling Center
- Child and family life program
- Family Medicine centers
- Neonatal program
- Parent-child education programs
- Project HELP, for teens in crisis
- SIBSPlace®, a free program for children with an ill brother, sister or parent
Your child's care team
Find a pediatric specialist
Our physicians, nurses, therapists and other members of your child’s team at South Nassau Communities...
Children have special needs when it comes to their care and comfort, and families are an important part of...