Our physicians, nurses, therapists and other members of your child’s team at South Nassau Communities Hospital are pediatric experts. We understand that a “routine” visit might not be routine for little ones, or for you. So we provide the right level of nurturing and education for each of our patients, while offering some of the most advanced health care available.
Our pediatric program’s motto is, “Each child, each family, our mission.” We are dedicated to understanding the medical, mental and emotional needs of each child we care for. And we staff each shift to give the child and family highly personal levels of care.
Your Child’s Team
On your child’s team are pediatricians — physicians who specialize in infants through teens — plus specially trained nurses and child life specialists, all who are dedicated to excellence in pediatric care.
As part of every child’s diagnosis and treatment plan, we also work closely with a variety of other experts in pediatrics. So your child’s “multidisciplinary” team might include:
- Neonatologist, a physician with expertise in care of newborns
- Pediatric allergy and immunology specialist, including asthma management
- Pediatric anesthesiologist, for pain relief plus calming medicines (sedation) during some procedures
- Pediatric cardiologist, a specialist in care of the heart
- Pediatric endocrinologist, specialist in diabetes and hormone conditions
- Pediatric gastroenterologist, for conditions of the digestive tract
- Pediatric genetic expert, for inherited conditions and conditions at birth
- Pediatric head, face and neck (craniofacial) plastic surgery expert
- Pediatric hematologist/oncologist, for blood disorders and cancer
- Pediatric hospitalist team , a group of physicians who specialize in caring for children while they are in the hospital
- Pediatric pulmonologists, for lung and breathing conditions
- Pediatric radiologist, for procedures and treatments using X-rays, MRIs and other imaging
- Pediatric specialists in the Emergency Department
These experts are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Find a pediatric specialist
Our physicians, nurses, therapists and other members of your child’s team at South Nassau Communities...
Children have special needs when it comes to their care and comfort, and families are an important part of...