GI — Endoscopy Unit
South Nassau Communities Hospital's Endoscopy Unit provides state-of-the-art patient care for both inpatients and outpatients requiring upper or lower G.I. studies.
Our G.I. Endoscopy services include:
- E.R.C.P. Studies (endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography) for the intensive study of the gall bladder, pancreas and bile ducts.
- Endoscopic ultrasound to examine the walls and the surrounding structures of the gastrointestinal system. If an abnormal growth is discovered, the physician can measure its size and depth which is critical information for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Gastroscopy and colonoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure to view the gastrointestinal system including the esophagus, stomach and colon.
- Liver biopsy - a sampling of the liver is taken with minimal discomfort and a shortened recovery time.
- The Endoscopy Unit also performs PH monitoring and motility studies using the “Bravo” Capsule.
Our G.I. physicians are assisted by specially G.I.-trained registered nurses.