Exceptional Care for Patients With Colorectal Conditions
The expert colorectal physicians & surgeons at South Nassau Communities Hospital specialize in traditional and advanced colonoscopies and laparoscopic colorectal surgery. At South Nassau, we also offer comprehensive evaluation, medical management and treatment of all colorectal issues. At South Nassau we offer:
Traditional screening and advanced colonoscopy, including:
- Chromoendoscopy and narrow band imaging endoscopy for flat polyp and dysplasia detection
- Endoluminal stenting for strictures of the colon and rectum
- Ablation of radiation-induced telangiectasia bleeding
- Giant polyp resection
Traditional and advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery, including:
- Ultra-low sphincter-preserving rectal cancer surgery
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) resection for skin incision-free rectal tumor surgery
- Elective sigmoid resection for complex and/or recurring diverticulitis
- Surgery for complicated and/or medically refractory inflammatory bowel disease
- Single-access port surgery from the region's most experienced colorectal laparoscopists and robotic surgeons
Comprehensive medical and surgical care for benign anorectal disorders, including:
- Acute perirectal abscess and chronic anal fistula care
- Sphincter muscle-sparing alternatives to traditional anal fissure and fistula surgery
- Minimally invasive pilonidal surgery for primary and recurrent pilonidal disease
- Anal warts, tags and hidradenitis
Additional services, including:
- Comprehensive surgical oncologic care for all tumors of the colon, rectum and anus
- Medical and surgical treatment for all manifestations of diverticular disease
- Comprehensive evaluation, medical management, office treatment and surgical care of hemorrhoid symptoms
- Anatomic and physiologic evaluation of fecal incontinence, slow transit constipation, obstructed defecation and pelvic floor descent
For more information about South Nassau’s colorectal services, please call (516) 632-3350.
Our experienced team of board-certified physicians and staff
National certifications for care and quality
Gertrude & Louis Feil Cancer Center in Valley Stream
Cancers We Treat
For all major types of cancer, you can rely on the expertise and experience of your health care providers at...
South Nassau offers the only cancer program on Long Island to offer the combination of the Novalis Tx™...
Your Care Team
The cancer (or oncology) program of South Nassau Communities Hospital makes cancer diagnosis, treatment and...
Gertrude & Louis Feil Cancer Center
In addition to the full range of cancer care and support at South Nassau Communities Hospital, we also offer...
At South Nassau Communities Hospital, patients who have recently learned they have breast cancer as well as...
For brain cancer and other conditions inside the skull, our experienced surgeons offer our patients the premier...
Cancer diagnosis and treatment are the strong focus of the women’s care specialists at South Nassau Communities...
At South Nassau Communities Hospital, if you need chest surgery for cancer or other conditions of the...
The expert colorectal physicians and surgeons at South Nassau Communities Hospital specialize...
Though melanoma is the least common type of skin cancer, it’s the most deadly. So South Nassau's Gertrude...
For men with conditions related to the prostate gland, the Center for Prostate Health offers experts who are...
Accreditations & Certifications
Every member of our staff in the cancer program at South Nassau is committed to bringing our patients the most...
Support & Education
Our cancer specialists are dedicated to providing support to you and your loved ones before, during and after...
Cancer Outcomes Program
One of the most important aspects of any cancer program is the outcomes that are achieved...