RN Residency Programs
We offer Residency Programs for highly motivated and dynamic new graduate RNs with a passion for learning in their specialty area:
- Emergency Department RN Residency (1-year program)
- Critical Care RN Residency (9-month program)
- Telemetry RN Residency (4-month program)
- Operating Room, Periop 101 RN Residency (6-month program)
RN Residency Programs provide a unique opportunity for new graduate nurses to begin their professional careers in the specialty of their choice. Foundational rotations that vary by specialty area, a didactic program that incorporates simulation, peer support, and classroom instruction are combined with a comprehensive clinical preceptorship to provide the new graduate resident with a structured and successful transition program for their specialty of interest.
Candidates with previous internship/externship, volunteer, capstone or related experiences in specialty area of choice are preferred.
- AHA BLS
- RN license/registration in HR
- Official transcript with proof of GPA of 3.0 or above
- Completed online application
- Essay — to express your passion for the specific residency program you have applied for
Must be flexible to work all shifts during program, including 8-hour days/nights and 12-hour days/nights.
2016 Residency Programs:
Operating Room, Periop 101 — August 2016
Emergency Department — check back in January 2017
Critical Care — check back in January 2017
Telemetry — check back in August 2016 for program date