Child and Family Life Program
South Nassau has established the Child & Family Life Program, developed and operated by our pediatrics department and SIBS®Place program.
Hospital experiences are stressful and can be traumatic. The mission of the Child and Family Life Program is to:
- Provide a safe and non-threatening environment for children and families
- Prepare a child for hospital procedures to decrease anxiety and increase compliance
- Provide emotional support and reduce anxiety through therapeutic interventions at the bedside and the playroom
- Educate caregivers and the public about needs of children under stress
Child and Family Life Services are available in many departments throughout the hospital to support patients, families and staff including:
- Pediatrics and the Pediatric Emergency Department
- Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit
- Ambulatory Surgery and Pre-surgical Testing
- Palliative Care
- Various adult units
For information about Child and Family Life services, please contact Kerri Wagner, Child and Family Life Specialist, at (516)-632-4779 / (516) 632-3951.
SIBS®Place is a free community service program for well children living with a sibling or parent diagnosed with cancer or another devastating illness.
For information about SIBSPlace, please contact Suzanne Kornblatt, LMSW, Director, at (516)-374-3000.
If you are interested in learning more about SIBSPlace, please contact
Suzanne Kornblatt, LMSW, at (516) 374-3000.
“SIBSPlace…A Place Where A Child Matters Most!”
SIBSPlace • 1420 Broadway • Hewlett, NY 11557 • (516) 374-3000 • sibsplace.org