- Radiation-free procedure
- No packing
- No cutting or mucosa removal
Services & Specialty Centers
ENT (Otolaryngology) – Ear, Nose and Throat
Sinus Center of Excellence
What are Relieva Balloon Sinuplasty™ devices?
Relieva Balloon Sinuplasty devices are FDA-cleared, catheter-based technologies specifically designed to navigate the tortuous sinus anatomy. The Relieva® Sinus Balloon system is used to open the blocked sinus ostium, and in many cases, without tissue or bone removal. Using the Relieva Sinus Balloon system, the blocked sinus ostium is gently dilated restoring normal sinus drainage and function.
What types of doctors use Relieva Balloon Sinuplasty devices?
Otolaryngologists (ENTs) are qualified on the Relieva Balloon Sinuplasty system of products.
Are the products currently available?
All products (Relieva Sinus Access and Sinus Balloon products) are cleared by the FDA and available for human use.
What are the benefits of using Relieva Balloon Sinuplasty devices?
- Safe and effective – While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, studies demonstrate that the Relieva Balloon Sinuplasty system is safe and effective in relieving symptoms of sinusitis.1
- Minimally invasive – The technology uses small, soft, flexible devices introduced entirely through the nostrils. These devices gently open blocked sinuses.
- Reduced bleeding – In many cases, no tissue or bone is removed during surgery using this technology, because of this there may be reduced bleeding. As a result, the need for uncomfortable nasal packing may also be eliminated.
- Fast recovery time – While recovery time varies with each patient, some patients have been known to return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does not limit treatment options – The Relieva Balloon Sinuplasty technology is an endoscopic tool and may be used with other medical therapies and/or surgical techniques. It does not limit future treatment options if a patient has progressive disease.
For more information, on the Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure, please call 877-South Nassau or visit www.acclarent.com.
1. Long-term Outcomes of Balloon Catheter Sinusotomy. Otolaryngol Suppl 2008.