Home Health Care
South Nassau’s home health care ranks in top 25% of home health care agencies in the U.S.
For comfort and security, there truly is no place like home. That's the premise behind South Nassau's award-winning home health care services. If you need expert medical care to help you or a loved one, a dedicated team of professionals at South Nassau Communities Hospital will bring specialized care and the latest health care technology right into your home. You need not be a patient at South Nassau to use our services. Our staff cares for infants, children and adults throughout Nassau, Suffolk and Queens counties — seven days a week. A registered nurse is available after hours, weekends and holidays for phone consultation and home visits, when necessary.
You can have confidence in our care, whether for yourself or your loved one. Our agency is consistently honored as a top provider by HomeCare Elite™ on their prestigious list of the country’s top 25 percent of home health care agencies. We’ve earned a gold medal in the Home Health Quality Improvement National “Go for the Gold” campaign. Members of our staff have been recognized for excellence in nursing as part of a national competition. We are licensed by the New York State Department of Health and certified to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross programs, and accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations.
One of our case managers will work closely with you and your physician to coordinate all aspects of your care at home — including visits from specialists and any medical equipment. Our caregivers include registered nurses, home health aides and therapists. Our staff has training in specialized services, such as rehabilitation after joint replacement, wound care, vestibular rehabilitation and fall prevention. Our patients and their loved ones also have access to a registered nurse who is on call around the clock to answer questions and help if you have an emergency or other urgent need.
We can work directly with you and your family, your physician, other specialists and therapists, hospital or other health care facilities, and insurance companies to develop a personalized home care plan. This helps ensure you have the care you need to live comfortably and safely at home.
Our caregivers include:
- Registered nurses who specialize in home health care, as well as other specialized areas of care
- Home health aides to help you and your loved ones with bathing, dressing, eating and other activities of daily living
- Registered physical, speech and occupational therapists, including many who have advanced training in specific areas
- Medical social workers to assist you and your loved ones with the emotional and social aspects of care, as well as long-term planning
- Registered dietitians for nutrition counseling
- Short-term home health care
- Care after joint replacement
- Fall prevention consultation and education
- Advanced wound care by certified registered nurses, using negative pressure wound therapy vacuum-assisted closure (VAC)
- Medication monitoring
- Pain management
- Management of diseases
- Infusion therapy (available through contracted vendor)
- Lymphedema management, for fluid buildup and swelling
- Vestibular rehabilitation, to improve balance and reduce dizziness-related conditions
- Skilled training and education for patients and families
- Telehealth monitoring, using phone or Internet connections to share health information such as weight, blood pressure, pulse rate and oxygen saturation with your caregivers
- Laboratory services, such as blood work
- Medical supplies and equipment for the home
- Patient Review Instrument (PRI) assessment, an evaluation for long-term care
South Nassau Communities Hospital — Home Health Care
2277 Grand Avenue
Baldwin, NY 11510