Clinical & Noninvasive Cardiology
At South Nassau, our comprehensive heart care team includes experienced experts in diagnosing heart and vascular disease. Our specialists in clinical and noninvasive diagnostic cardiology bring the latest advancements to the communities we serve, here at South Nassau Communities Hospital. The team includes board-certified cardiologists (heart specialists), specialized cardiology technicians and nursing staff. In addition to our experience and expertise, your have the added assurance that a hospital-based setting offers.
Common tests and procedures to diagnose heart conditions include:
- Nuclear stress testing
- Electrocardiogram testing (EKG or ECG)
- 24-hour Holter monitor testing
- Stress echocardiograms
- Transesophageal echocardiograms
- Thoracic echocardiograms
Our facilities include state-of-the-art technology, and include:
- Coronary Care Unit, with continuous monitoring and intensive care for patients with heart attacks, heart failure and other serious forms of cardiovascular disease
- Noninvasive Cardiovascular Laboratory for both outpatients and those who stay overnight. Here, our experts perform EKGs, Holter 24-hour EKGs, and transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE) to diagnose heart disease
- Nuclear cardiology, where specialists provide exercise stress testing along with nuclear cardiac imaging. This helps your team to pinpoint the areas of poor blood flow to the heart
For more information or to make an appointment, please call (516) 632-3670.
Other services at South Nassau’s Center for Cardiovascular Health
Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at South Nassau
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
The staff at South Nassau’s Center for Cardiovascular Health knows...
The experienced staff of South Nassau’s Electrophysiology Laboratory specializes in conditions related to the...
Clinical and Noninvasive Cardiology
At South Nassau, our comprehensive heart care team includes...
Peripheral Vascular Laboratory
The vascular system is the network of blood vessels that circulate...
Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
To get back to the best health possible after you’ve had a heart...
Accreditations & Certifications
To help our patients with heart failure become as healthy as possible...