- Honor Gifts
- Memorial Gifts
- Major Gifts
As we stand at the center of the health care renaissance, South Nassau Communities Hospital offers community members a variety of ways to join with us - and support our mission.
- General Support, which allows South Nassau to determine how the gift is to be used. Such contributions are vital to our ability to meet the medical needs of our patients with the highest quality equipment, facilities and patient care available.
- Restricted Gifts, which mean that you, the donor, designate how your contribution is to be used, e.g., oncology, cardiac services, pediatrics, capital campaign, emergency services.
- Honor Gifts to South Nassau are an excellent way to honor a loved one, friend, doctor, nurse or to celebrate a special occasion. Include the name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) to be honored or the event with your donation, so we can notify the honorees of the gift (but not its amount).
- Memorial Gifts are a special way of honoring the memory of a deceased family member, friend or acquaintance. The family of the deceased will be informed of the donor's thoughtfulness, but not of the gift amount.
We welcome your gift and thank you for your support. To make a donation, click here. For more information, contact our Development Office at 516-377-5360.
Major Gift Program
South Nassau's Major Gift Program also provides dedicated individuals with:
- Naming opportunities. For contributions of $25,000 or more, individuals may dedicate specific locations - from individual patient or treatment rooms to entire facilities.
Your generosity enables South Nassau to reach our long-term goals. For more information, contact our Development Office at 516-377-5360.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Gifts of appreciated securities can provide you with several tax advantages:
- Deduct the full fair market value of securities if held for 12 months or longer
- Avoid paying capital gains tax
- Carry forward any unused deduction for up to five additional tax years
- Save on estate tax, since the gift reduces the assets subject to estate tax.
To help you facilitate a gift of stock, please call the Development Office at 516-377-5360 to ensure that complete donor information, as well as other important information - the name and type of securities to be gifted, the number of shares and the date you intend to make a gift - is provided.